FSANZ Reports and submissions
Food Standards Australia & New Zealand (FSANZ) Authority Assessments
3.12.21 FSANZ proposal P1055 to modify definitions for gene technology and new breeding techniques
27.8.2019 Impossible Foods application A1186 for Soy-Leghemoglobin to be approved into the Australia and New New Zealand food chain. NOTE: The details of manufacturing and internal methods of analysis are CONFIDENTIAL.
- A1186 Application documents to approve soy- leghemoglobin in meat analogue products into the Australia and New New Zealand food chain.
6.9.2019 FOIA request GE Free NZ first round questions on A1186 related to the absence of safety analysis of public submitters.
28.1.2020 FSANZ reply to GE Free NZ request for information on A1186
14.2.2020 Australian and New Zealand Food Health comments 2nd call submissions -
- Victoria DHHS -need more information on safety
- South Australia DHHS - need more information on safety
- Queensland DHHS - need more information on safety
- NSW Food Authority - need more information on safety
- MPI NZ Food Safety - in support
- NZ Food and Grocery Council - in support
17.9.2020 GE Free NZ submission at 2nd call -recommendation to decline application due to absence of safety data on a new protein created through GE process never in the food chain before.
21.2.2021 Ministerial Forum final decision to approve A1186. Often the same team making the submission to A1186 also are delegated on behalf of the Ministerial to the Forum to make the decision
A1138 – Food derived from Provitamin A Rice Line GR2E All documents associated with the GM rice approval.
GE Free request for information to FSANZ under Freedom of Information Act (FOI) 12.1.18
FSANZ Mark Booth reply to GE Free NZ 12.1.18
Charges for FOI - FSANZ reply 8.2.18
Letter requesting meeting to Jenny Reid (NZ Forum member) 16.1.18
Response to Jenny Reid 18.1.18
Letter following up meeting with Jenny Reid 23.1.18
Hon Minister Damien O'Connor request for review of GM Rice decision. 26.1.18
- Tang, G., Qin, J., Dolnikowski, G., Russell, R., & Grusak, M. (2009) Golden Rice is an effective source of vitamin A. The American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition 89(6),1776-1783.(withdrawn as unethical)
- Schaub, P., Wüst, F., Koschmieder, J., Yu, Q., Virk, P., Tohme, J., & Beyer, P. (2017). Nonenzymatic β-Carotene Degradation in Provitamin A-Biofortified Crop Plants. Journal Of Agricultural And Food Chemistry (31), 6588-6598.
- Schaub et al supplementary paper for Provitamin Rice.
- TestBiotech risk assessment on A1138
- CODEX guidlines on modern biotechnology for food risk assessment
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 503/2013 3 April 2013 EU guidelines from food derived from GMO's
Forum on Food Regulation Out-of-Session Response: Food Standards Australia New Zealand Notifications A1138 and A1143, 26.2.18, (received OIA 6.3.18).
FSANZ A1139Joint submission GE Free NZ and Soil and Health
J.R. Simplot application to FSANZ for GM food derived from potato lines F10, J3, W8, X17 & Y9
GE Free NZ submission to herbicide tolerant canola line MS11.
Application by Bayer Cropscience for Food derived from Herbicide-tolerant Canola line MS11
GE Free Submission supported by Australian Organistions
Public submission form guide - Please feel free to use your own wording, just cut and paste into the form you want. You need to send by e-mail or hard copy by the 6th December 5pm 2012
Letter from Alliance members to COAG Ministers.
Appeal to the Regulatory Review Committee 25/2/2013
Regulatory Review committee report of GE Free NZ appeal, tabled on 21st February 2014
New Zealand Parliament - Regulatory Review Committee documents - Evidence and Submissions,
GE Free NZ submission to the Regulatory Review Committee 25/2/2013
OIA letter from Minister Nikki Kaye to Jon Muller, Reason for approving 2,4-D, soybean in to the Food chain. 18/4/2013
OIA letter from Minister Nikki Kaye 17/7/2013
OIA response to Frank Rowson from MPI on advice to Minister for food safety, Niki Kaye. 24/4/2013
Letter to Jon Muller, turning down GE Free first appeal to Regulatory Review Committee, due to not being made in relation to any NZ regulations. 26/6/2013
Submission to Regulatory Review committee appealing the decision to approve the A1073 2,4-D, glyphosate and glufosinate ammonium soybean. 3/7/2013
Letter from Chair Regulatory Review committee, Maryan Street, to Jon Muller notifying acceptance of complaint, and getting response from MPI. 19/8/2013
Submission of Claire Bleakley for GE Free NZ to the Regulatory Review Select Committee
FSANZ A416 Maize recall
Letter to FSANZ on NK603 /A416 Maize recall 20/09/2012
FSANZ 2, 4 - D Tolerant Corn A1042 (2011)
- Proposal asking Kate Wilkinson and all Ministerial Council Ministers to review recommendation to regulate 2,4-D.
- Letter to Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Letter to Mr Teves.
- Correspondance to Jon Muller.
- Letter from the AAT setting date for inerlocutory hearing on the legality of the appeal.
- Letter from USDA - stating no data has been collected on animal or human feeding studies on 2,4-D corn and soya.