GE Free Links
The opinions of these sites are for your information and we do not necessarily endorse them.
National New Zealand Sites
- GE Free Policy - A list of NZ Companies and brands who have pledged to avoid GE in their products
- GE Free Northland in food and environment
- GM Free Hawkes Bay - New Zealands leading region for pure produce.
- Physicians and Scientists for Global Responsibility educating the public concerning the risks of the release into the environment of genetically engineered organisms
- McGuinness Institute is an independent think tank specialising in research and policy analysis
- Sustainability Council NZ meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations
- Safe Food Campaign leading information on pesticides and childrens health
- Soil and Health - Organic NZ magazine. OFNZ organic certification, excellent articles on Organics
- BioGro NZ Largest Organic certification body in NZ.
- The Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand NZ Political Party with a GMO Free policy.
- CAFCA - Campaign Against Foreign Control of Aotearoa
- Systematic Gene Food and Genetic Engineering Public Debate
- Royal Society Te Apārangi - A national academy 60 scientific and technological societies
- Plant and Food Leading CRI in horticulture research
- AgResearch Leading CRI for field trials of GE animals.
- Scion, Leading CRI in field trials on genetically engineered Trees.
- Tiki the Penguin - Excellent story to educate kids about GE and it's dangers.
- Statistics NZ's 'Directory of Environmental Databases and Collections'. The directory contains comprehensive and up-to-date information on more than 450 environment-related databases and collections.
- GM Watch - Excellent site on International GE Free issues
- Friends of the Earth (FOE) information on emerging gene editing (GE) tech in Australia.
- Gene Ethics GM-Free information from Australia
- GMFREE Australia Alliance.
- Sustainable Pulse provides up the latest global news on GMO's, sustainable food and agriculture
- Institute of Responsible Technology A comprehensive source of GMO health imformation.
- Global Justice Ecology Project. explores the intertwined causes of social justice, ecological destruction and economic domination.
- Bioscience Resource Project The Bioscience Resource Project provides scientific and intellectual resources for a healthy future.
- Save our Roots - Indigenous Environmental Network to protect the sacred biodiversity of forests.
- GM -Free Alliance - The Alliance is our sister organisation and the national peak body of GM-free groups in Australia of which we are an affiliate.
- GMWatch video links - a must see for the some eye opening video footage on GE matters.
- ETCgroup - monitoring power, tracking technology, strengthening diversity.
- MADGE - Australain group interested in food safety issues, the lack of adequate labelling and testing of GM foods.
- Stop OGM Pacifique - New Caledonia group seeking to protect their GM Free environment.
- The Non GMO project - The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit collaboration of manufacturers, retailers, processors, distributors, farmers, seed breeders, and consumers
- MomsAcrossAmerica - Zen Honeycutt and other Mums leading awareness across the US.
- The African Centre for Biodiversity: A research and advocacy organisation working towards food sovereignty and agro-ecology in Africa, with a focus on biosafety, seed systems and agricultural biodiversity.
- International and Regional Group contacts: Informing and highlighting the dangers around GE in food, environment and communities.
- European GMO-free Regions Network Hosts regular conferences on the environment, climate protection and consumer protection.
- PSRAST: Physicians and Scientists for Responsible Application of Science and Technology. The scientific argument.
- Campaign for food safety - an excellent site
- Genetic Engineering and its Dangers - some excellent articles
- GRAIN is an international nonprofit nongovernment organisation working to strengthen peoples' control over agricultural biodiversity, especially in developing countries.
- The Prince of Wales's site: includes a public forum on GE
- CODEX Alimentarius:Food Standards Programme established by FAO and WHO to protect consumer health and promote fair practices in food trade.
- Food Forest wonderful vegan organic shop in Wairarapa
- Founders Organic Brewery - Organic beers
- Commonsense Organics retail shops around the country selling Organic foods.
- EatRight Food Products - Organic, “more benefits in every bite” food products - crackers, cookies, snack packs and food for the outdoor adventurer
- New Zealand Biograins - Organically grown grains, flours, pulses, nuts and organic dried fruit.
- Tui Balmes & Waxes - Altogether Natural - Healing & Massage with organic beeswax.
- Grey Heron B&B - Organic, Italian B&B in Motueka.
- seeds.org.nz - Nelson Guardians of the Seed